Welcome New Lives!

Mei 09, 2020


May 9th, 2020

Three weeks after the wedding day. We’ve moved to our own house, somewhat on the outskirts of the city. Like other newly couples, we’re happy and enjoying the adaptation, which I so far appreciate it, and which I don’t expect to change too.

It’s Ramadhan now. Bit different from last Ramadhan(s). Besides what-so-called covid19, fasting in a new family is admittedly dissimilar.

I used to wake up at 3 or more with some food already prepared on the table. My mom’s favourite menu for sahur (since it’s easy) would be endog goreng, and mine was blendrang terong lol, I could not get it now tho since my husband doesn’t like even the eggplant itself.

Our sahur would finish right before adzan subuh. The moment of fasting was very special in which we gathered so much, more intense. Before my father got the kidney disease, he used to be the imam at the mushola. We prayed isya and tarawih together, and recited qur’an with some kids and teenage neighbours till like 10 p.m. The mothers took turns sending food: pecel, bakso, watermelon, or gorengan. Some kids usually would only wait for the food and then went home; leaving the teenagers. All those memories are worth remembering.

Speaking of which, different from our family in Magetan, here we don't have such practices. Especially at the time of corona, physical-distancing-things.

Well, we’ve spent a week at my parents-in-law’s house before moving here. Since my husband’s family is wonderfully multicultural, I found bounteous new points. Not everyone is fasting, praying is so much personal, eating at the moment of other members of family’s fasting would still be respected-also the one who is fasting gets no probs. They’re super chill wkwk.

Being a new wife gets me bountiful theories to real practices. I’ve prepared myself, learned a lot in terms of domestic life, made sure that I have been legitimately ready for having my own family. Then here it is! With some captivating surprises of course 💕  

found flowers on the first day moving in!

The thing I just realize is that being a woman in a family, I would specifically say being a wife in my condition-yours is probably different, is the key. I cook, clean up, make the bed, and all the stuff. No cooking means no food for the family. No cleaning up means letting the house dirty and uncomfortable. Still, my husband complained when I forgot to throw the bread wrap or fold the blanket hahah. Women are absolutely amazing. Mothers are unquestionably incredible.

Sometimes we’re less appreciated since all those activities have become daily routines-always and usually done. Our presence and what we’ve done are just like breathing. Crucially needed but not everyone realizes. That is why housewives are usually underestimated, while in fact, they have never ending works.

Telling you guys these stories doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy my very new life. I love my role, I really do. But at some points, some details bring me a deep longing. The noise of children at the mushola, mothers who gathered after the tarawih prayer, mother’s cooking, the quiet atmosphere before sahur…

The absolute unchangeable thing I just also realize is the decision of getting married itself. I’ve told you. I’ve been prepared for all the consequences before deciding to get married, but now I really experience them. Once you decide to tie the knot, you cannot undo it and have to accept that any possibilities could happen; even at the moment when you kind of want to give up or annoyed, you can’t. Therefore, don’t ever get married when you’re not ready yet, even when everybody asks you to. It’s you who gets married, not anyone else. Don’t mind your age, you’ve the whole life in your own hand.

BUT, I gets a new happiness for an empty dirty plate while he says ‘enaak’, I gets a new exhilaration for an every-day-friend of watching movies, I gets a new elation for morning hugs and night kisses. And I’m thankful for that.

It’s 10.49 p.m. My mom must have slept already. Too shy to tell her that I want to see her so bad now. I hope she doesn't feel lonely.

She should not worry. We’re fine. We’ll adjust and get into a rhythm and flow.

Good night, Ibuk…

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Popular Posts

ON INSTAGRAM @LILISNURHA

Subscribe